Looking for a dessert to try this week? Here’s the perfect Apple Tart, best served with cold custard or cream. This Apple Tart is so easy, you can do it with your eyes closed.
In this recipe we replace apples with canned sliced apples.
A step-by-step video recipe:
How to Make Apple TartCourse: DessertCuisine: South AfricanDifficulty: Easy
Here’s the perfect Apple Tart, best served with cold custard or cream.
- For the sponge
1 cup sugar
1 cup oil
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla essence
2 cups flour
1 cup milk
- Topping Ingredients
1 canned unsweetened pie apples
1 jar apple sauce
Sprinkle of cinnamon powder
Handful of currants
- Add sugar and oil in a large bowl and mix until well combined
- Add 2 eggs and mix until well incorporated
- Add vanilla essence and the remaining eggs and mix
- Sift in flour
- Pour milk and mix well
- Pour batter into well greased baking pan
- Layer sliced apples on mixture (Make sure to fill out any gaps)
- Spread apple sauce all over
- Bake until crust is golden, about 35-40 mins.
- Sprinkle top with cinnamon, immediately when apple tart is removed from the oven.
- Slice while hot.
- Best served with cold custard or cream