Sunday mornings call for a delicious and moist banana bread, lathered in butter with a cup of tea or coffee.
DELICIOUS AND MOIST BANANA BREADCourse: DessertDifficulty: Easy
Warm banana bread, lathered in butter.
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
115g butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs (room temperature)
1/3 cup buttermilk
3-4 ripe bananas (mashed)
1 tsp vanilla essence
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix well
- Add in buttermilk
- Add mashed banana to the bowl, including vanilla essence and stir until well combined.
- Sift in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Slowly mix the ingredients. (Do not over-mix).
- Grease loaf pan.
- Spoon batter in the pan
- Bake for 50-60 in your preheated oven of 177degrees
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to mix, this will help you avoid over-mixing.